Wednesday, July 27, 2011

My Little Diva

As many of you know, I have a toddler who is going to be turning three in just a few weeks and lately I have been noticing some changes in my little girl.  She has recently started twirling her hair, standing with her hand on her hip and picking out her own clothes to wear.  The funny thing about this is that I have never twirled my hair and I don't think that I pose.  Where does she learn these things?  My little princes not only has her own little attitude but I am finding that she also has her own sense of style.

My daughter seems to gravitate towards anything that has butterflies on it.  She loves bright girly colors like pinks, yellow and oranges.  She won't leave the house without her Sketchers Flip Flops that light up.  She loves the flashing look of them.  In fact she has gravitated toward anything "blingy.' What I can say about my daughter is that she loves to stand out!

Samantha picks out clothing that is always on the rack.  She really enjoys shopping with mommy in the store and when I am looking for my clothing she will tell me that it is Sammie's turn to shop and we immediately have to go to the toddler section.  She really enjoys wearing clothes that have her favorite characters on them she prefers stores like JCPenney's and Kohls because there are lots of these types of outfits there.   Some of  her favorite characters are Hello Kitty, Sponge Bob, Elmo and Dora.  When she isn't looking for certain people, she gravitates towards the outfits that are very colorful and coordinated.  Her favorite outfit was purchased from JCPenneys and is a purple tu tu sparkly skirt with a fun purple spray painted looked shirt with hearts on it.

I look at my little princess and see how she is the complete opposite of her mother.  I was always a tomboy complete with a plain t-shirt, jean shorts and a pony tail to keep my hair out of my face.  I always wore gym shoes and usually was playing dodge ball with the other boys in the neighborhood.  Samantha loves tiaras, accessories and looking pretty.  She demands to wear hair bows and they must match with a color that she is already wearing.  She loves bracelets, necklaces and purses and enjoys dancing.  She has her own style that is uniquely hers and I truly enjoy learning about preferences and passions daily.   I think she is growing up so quick and well in a few weeks my two year old will be three.  God really blessed me with a little angel that is the highlight of my life.



I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and jcpenney blogging program, for a gift card worth $50. For more information on how you can participate, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment