Friday, January 21, 2011

Gilmore Girls? Well not yet, but hopefully!

Tonight my daughter and I had what I hope to be the first of many cool moments.  My daughter and I were both sick this week which really put a damper on my ambitions about getting more active on my blog.  Tonight we were all planning on going to the Sam Houston Race Park to have some fun and watch the races.  Well since my daughter was really ill last night, I really needed to keep her in tonight. 

My hubby went ahead and took the boys and Sammie and I stayed home.  We shared some breadsticks for dinner...i know...but we really have had some upset stomachs, and sat down to watch a movie.  I stumbled on the movie Only You.  Ever see it?  Well it is a chick flick to the max and I loved every minute of it.  Nothing better than Marissa Tomei, Bonnie Hunt and Robert Downey Jr.   Samantha actually seemed to enjoy it as well.

We really had a nice quiet evening watching chick flicks and just lounging on the couch.  It just reminded me of my all time favorite tv show Gilmore Girls.  I want to have a relationship like Lorelai and Rory, with Sammie.  Well besides the absentee dad and well teenage pregnancy.  I love movies, and really hope that as she gets older she will love them too and we will be able to pop popcorn and watch them together.   She is sleeping now, but it was just such a great moment that I hope repeats itself randomly through out the remainder of our lives.

2 comments:

  1. This is sweet - thanks for sharing! I hope to have some "GG" moments with my soon-to-arrive daughter as well. Hopefully one of these days we will be able to get them together - what's halfway between Savannah GA and Humble TX? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. new orleands? What do you say???? LOL

    ReplyDelete