Monday, February 28, 2011

Shopping for five and keeping it low at Kroger

Frugal living is really becoming a bigger and bigger part of my life these days.  I have family of five people and five pets.  Everyone combined could almost eat you out of house and or home if you aren't careful.  I wanted to take a minute to share thoughts on I save money at one of my favorite grocery stores.  Kroger has an amazing coupon policy here in Texas.  My Kroger will triple any coupon up to .35 and will automatically double any coupon up to .50.  When you are able to combine these deals with the specials that they have going on, you can literally cut your grocery bill in half.

Right now, Kroger is doing a "Cartbuster" Savings Event.  It is like music to my ears!  The biggest complaint I hear is that "my brands are never on sale."  Well unless you are living in a hole somewhere, your brands are on sale.  Proctor and Gamble, Nestle and more!  You just have to check it out.  The other complaint I hear often about coupons is that clipping them is such a pain.  Well Kroger has definitely made it easy.  You can sign into their website and actually click the coupons and add them directly on to you Kroger Plus Card.  This makes using coupons so easy.  I keep my Kroger card on my keys so I always have it with me.  If I decide to stop at the store on my way home, well I already have my coupons with me.

The Cartbuster Savings Event started on February 25th and runs until March 12th so take five minutes and combine those coupons with the products on sale.  Oh and here is an added bonus!  Our Kroger allows you to earn points for your purchases.  Once you have accumulated 100 points, you get 10 cents off of fuel up to 25 gallons of gas.  If you use coupons, you still earn points on the balance before the coupons have been activated.  For example, I had spent 100 worth of groceries, but only paid 65 after coupons.  I looked at my receipt and received all 100 points for my fuel rewards and rolled out to get some cheaper gas.  Every dime helps in a bigger family so I feel blessed to have Kroger available to me.  Kroger helps me stay on and usually below budget.  Check out the Kroger in your area and see how much you can save!

I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms Kroger CartBuster blogging program, for a gift card worth $50. For more information on how you can participate, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment