Wednesday, May 25, 2011

I am dying to get Verizon FiOS in my home

So I have been patiently waiting for it to be announced that Verizon FiOS is available in my neighborhood because I think their service is fantastic.  There are so many reasons to have this service that I can barely count so I will just share a few with you.  I just verified on their website this week that we are still unavailable, but lots of communites each day are being able to get this option for their every day programing.

The first thing that I find really neat is that they have something called "flex view."  This is really neat because it allows you to watch any of your on demand programing from your television, your computer or even your cell phone.  I day dream about this feature everytime I have my two year old in a waiting room.   If I could just have her favorite episode of Dora or Chuggington, well then we would both have a pleasant waiting time.  Instead I am constantly chasing her around the office, trying to get her to sit quietly and failing miserably.


The also neat thing is Verizon FiOS uses fiber optic technology that lets you watch HDTV with less interruptions, pixelation, or weather interference.  I have noticed here in Houston, that with both my cable and my satellite services go out with a good gust of wind it seems.  FiOS is more weather resistant and more durable than the copper phone lines or coaxial cable.  Sometimes my daughter and I have an agreement that we can watch one more "Gabba Gabba" and then it is nap time.  Can you imagine if the cable goes out?   No naptime for mommie?  Yikes!

Being a blogger and well self proclaimed social media guru, I love the fact that they have "TV widgets".  I know sounds like those story problems on standardize testing....I mean really what is a widget anyways.  These widgets allow you to update your facebook page or even send a tweet straight from your television.  Every week the biggest loser fans tweet all about the recent episode.  Now you could do that right from your couch and your remote!  How fun would that be?

Now I know that we had chatted about all of the neat things that FiOS does, but I figured that I should add just a quick note about speed.  Verizon FiOS is super fast.  FiOS Internet gives you the fastest upload speeds and amazingly clear streaming video.  FiOS doesn’t let up during “peak” hours like when the kids come home from school when some cable services slow down due to increased usage.  I get so frustrated when my internet slows down just because the children have all jumped on when they got off.


If you are in the market for a new programing / internet service, take a look at Verizon FiOS.  I would have it if I could, but hopefully it will come to my neighborhood soon.


I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Verizon FiOS blogging program for a gift card. For more information on how you can participate, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment