Monday, May 16, 2011

San Antonio - My favorite drivable vacation destination!


We all have our favorite destinations for vacations.  I have two absolute favorites and one is Italy and the other is Vegas.  I mean really who doesn't love Vegas right?  We can't always fly across the world or even across the country so when I was asked where my favorite road trip destination was, I have to say that it is San Antonio.   Since we have three children, putting them on a flight for every vacations would really be very expensive.  Instead we try to find places that we enjoy that we can drive to.  San Antonio has everything that I love about a vacation destination.  They have amusement parks, great food and drinks and shopping of course.  San Antonio also has alot of history which I find really important.  I like that the kids can learn something while we are having fun.  San Antonio also looks nothing like Houston which makes me feel like we are way further away than we really are.


According to family travel expert Emily Kaufman, “The Travel Mom,” families are starting to think past the backyard “staycation” and are rediscovering the freedom of the open road. Kaufman shares the following tips for a fun and safe family road trip:

  • Create a boredom bag. Convert a hanging travel cosmetic case into a case full of fun and hang it from the seat back in front of the kids’ seats. Consider creating fun works of art with Twizzlers
    Pull ‘n’ Peel
    Candy before snacking on them!
  • Take your trip “online.” From GPS systems to phone applications, trips are no longer a navigation nightmare.
  • Think through the snacks you pack. Avoid packing snacks that are easy to spill like juice boxes or snacks that melt. Try plastic bottles with sports tops and bring along Twizzlers Candy or Twizzlers Nibs Candy – they are easy to share and don’t melt, making them the perfect car ride treat.
Emily definitely has it right.   Twizzlers don't melt and are not messy in the least which makes them awesome treats to bring with you car ride.  Check out this awesome work of art that is made from Twizzlers.


Well I am not that talented by my children might be.  We are going camping in a couple of weeks and I am totally going to try out some of Emily's ideas.  Hopefully it will make for a happier road trip.  If you would like to check out a bit more about twizzlers, go to their website (www.twizzlers.com) by clicking here.


I am posting about my favorite destination to enter a contest for a Twizzlers Landmark Summer promotion prize pack as a member of the Mom Bloggers Club.

No comments:

Post a Comment