Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Italian anyone? What's your Pasta Personality?

http://www.facebook.com/Carrabbas?sk=app_142632109083371
So did you hear that Carabbas has a fun new quiz to determine your "Pasta Personality'?  Well I am a sucker for all of those fun quizzes in the magazines so I figured that I would share my pasta personality with you.  Here is the deal.  They have five questions about you and you choose the answer that suit you the best.  I had to laugh when they chose mine.  I was spaghetti and meatballs and I found that funny because we love that meal in my household.  Here is what a "spaghetti and meatballs" personality means:

You’re genuine and well loved, like Carrabba’s Spaghetti and Meatballs. Your warm and comforting personality makes you everybody’s best friend. So go for our equally popular hand-prepared meatballs over perfectly cooked imported spaghetti.

I was laughing because well I do try to be a genuine person and try to have a warm personality so I thought, well I guess they had gotten me right.  If you want to check out your own "Pasta Personality" well then go ahead and click here and then come back and let me know what your personality was!

Since we are talking pasta, I figured I would share a common recipe in my house.  This dish is special to me because it is something easy I can make and EVERYONE in the family will eat it and go for seconds.  No complaints and requests for more?  Heaven!  This is a recipe for Baked Penne with Italian Sausage.


  • 1 (12 ounce) package dry penne pasta
  • 2 teaspoons olive oil
  • 1 pound mild Italian sausage
  • 1 cup chopped onion
  • 1/2 cup white wine
  • 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
  • 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes with garlic
  • 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
  • 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
  2. Heat oil in a large, deep skillet. Place sausage and onion in the skillet and cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain excess fat. Pour in wine, and cook for 1 minute, stirring, to deglaze the pan. Stir in tomato sauce, diced tomatoes and tomato paste. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Toss with cooked pasta, and place in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle top with mozzarella.
  3. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Totally easy and everyone loves it.  Give it a shot.  Also if you want to skip making the sauce, using a store bought spaghetti sauce works fine.

If you don't feel like cooking then check out some of Carabbas limited time special offers.  They all sound delish!  These are available now through July and are only a couple.  You will have to go in and see what else they have.  I am getting hungry just thinking about Carabbas food!

Parmesan-crusted Chicken – Topped with fresh arugula and grape tomatoes tossed in a hand-prepared lemon vinaigrette, served with choice of side. Substitution of wood-grilled chicken also available. Pairs well with Estancia Pinot Grigio.

Prosciutto-Wrapped Pork Tenderloin – Three pork tenderloin medallions wrapped with prosciutto, wood-grilled and topped with an apple and fig infused port wine sauce, served with the vegetable of the day. Pairs well with Coppola Pinot Noir.




And for desert...

Limoncello Bread Pudding – Back by popular demand! Brioche bread pudding made with fresh Madagascar vanilla beans and a rich custard, served hot out of the oven. Topped with Blue Bell vanilla ice cream and drizzled with Carrabba’s homemade Caravella Limoncello liqueur sauce.


They also have a new Peach Sangria that just sound so yummy!  So if you haven't been to Carrabbas in a while, I would totally recommend checking them out before July and you miss out on some really amazing dishes.


I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Carrabba’s blogging program, for a gift card worth $50. For more information on how you can participate, click here.

1 comment: