Friday, December 10, 2010

Childrens Book Review : Adopted Ed

Sometimes a good book really reminds us good lessons that we should be teaching our children.  I was blessed with a review of Adopted Ed by Darren Maddern.  As I type this review tonight, I almost have tears in my eyes.  This story is about a baby named Eddie whom is raised by adoptive parents.  He lives a happy and secure childhood and when he becomes a young boy, his parents explain that he was adopted.  
 
Given that he doesn't know any better, he is perfectly fine being adopted until he goes to school.  A bully teases him about being adopted and calls him names.  At this point as I am reading this story, tears start roll down my cheek.  My heart was totally going out to little Eddie and  he ends up going home crying.  His adoptive mother lets him know that he was a blessing from God and that he was chosen for their family.  Later as he gets older, he inquires about his birth parents. 

It really teaches a great lesson to our children and a reminder to us all.  I would recommend this book to everyone who has young children.  It teaches a good lesson of tolerance and love.  If you would like to order this book, you can find it on Amazon.com by clicking the link.


I was not compensated to write this review.  I was provided with the book itself to review.  All opinions expressed in this review are solely mine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment