Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Steak the easy way

So I was trying to decide what I wanted for dinner and then I realized that I had some steak in the fridge.  There is so much discussion about a "good steak".  Well I am definitely not an expert at steaks, but it is defiantly one of my passions.  I have a really hard time spending 23 - 40 dollars on a steak when here in texas, I got three decent sized new york strips for under 7.00 total.  Truely a Texan benefit.  They were much more expensive in Florida. 

If you watch alot of Food network, they say you sear the steak on high heat on a iron griddle pan and then finish it in the oven.  So what do you do if you don't have a iron griddle?  Well I have found a quick and easy way for steak.  I go to the store and get a bottle of teriyaki marinade, poke some holes in my steak and let it sit overnight in the sauce.  I then stick it under the broiler in my oven and cook it until it is done.  Comes out sweet and juicy.  So if you aren't a grill master, try this one out.  Now, when I find a great deal on an cast iron griddle pan, I will try the finish in the oven way and let you know.  Does anyone have any secret steak tips?

No comments:

Post a Comment