Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Yay! It came out good!

So yesterday's apple crisp was a success!  So exciting.  I was really excited to hear the DH say "Wow it is hot, but really good."  Huh?  Really good?  Wow so my first attempt was a success!  I can bake....well not exactly bake but I can put it all in a crockpot and let it cook.  And it was delicious with the icecream! Ok so since I could make it, I believe any of you can too!  Here is the recipe:

(in a 2 quart crock pot)

 Six small apples or five large ones, peeled, cored and sliced
2/3 cup of sugar (or splenda)
1 1/4 cup of water
3 TBSP Cornstarch
1/2 tsp of cinnamon
1/4 tsp of all spice

OK, so put all of that in a crockpot and mix it up, turn the pot on low.


then take the following ingredients and mix them in a bowl and then put it on top of the apple mixture.

3/4 cup of quick cooking oats
1/2 cup on brown sugar
1/2 cup of flour
1/4 cup of butter (at room temp)


Let it cook in the crock pot on low for three hours and then you are set!  Super easy and perfect now that it is getting cooler outside.  Give it a shot and then come back and let me know!

1 comment:

  1. That looks yummy :) and when I get a few minutes I think I will try it out. Maybe around Thanksgiving. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete